GeoGenetics > About GeoGenetics
About the Centre for GeoGenetics
Centre for GeoGenetics is a Centre of Excellence financed by the Danish National Research Foundation with 2 x 5 years (2009-2014-2019) core funding. At any time we are ca. 120 people from ca. 20 countries in 2 sections and 6 research groups.
Each year we publish numerous papers in the high and highest ranking scientific journals like Nature and Science.
The centre is headed by Lundbeck Foundation Professor Eske Willerslev.
Our research focus involves mainly
- Basic (non-commercial) research
- Ancient DNA (aDNA) and modern DNA connected to human migration and evolution, population history
- Disease associations
- Viral and pathogen identification
- Method development & bioinformatics (DNA-damage)
- Ancient proteomics
- Environmental DNA (eDNA)
- Climate change in the Arctic
- The "Anthropocene"
We host and run the National High-throughput DNA Sequencing Centre.